Overland Park, KS – The History
William B. Strang Jr., the founder of Overland Park, arrived in the area in 1905 and purchased 600 acres bordering a military road. He platted several subdivisions, one of which he named Overland Park. The name reflected Strang’s vision of a park-like planned community that would feature recreational facilities as well as vibrant neighborhoods, a strong commercial base and quality education. Strang died in 1921, by which time he had established an airfield, an interurban railroad and several additional subdivisions.
When the city was incorporated in 1960, the population had grown to more than 28,000. Before it was incorporated, Overland Park was included in the Mission Urban Township. Thus, the city of Overland Park was based largely on land that the communities of Prairie Village and Mission shunned and chose to cede.
Overland Park has earned national recognition for its strong economy, quality of life, public safety, education system, outstanding healthcare industry and low taxes. In 2016, the city’s population was estimated at almost 189,000 people. In the state of Kansas, only Wichita can claim a higher population.
Paving Services in Overland Park
At All Pro Asphalt, we provide a variety of paving-related services to commercial and residential clients in Overland Park.
• Asphalt Crack Repair Overland Park, KS: Leaving cracks open to the weather can prove to be a costly mistake. Water penetration can destroy the pavement’s supporting foundation, the freeze/thaw cycle will worsen the cracks and the damage caused by normal traffic will be exacerbated. Before long, areas of the pavement will begin to subside and alligator, potholes will develop and the repair costs will mount.
• Asphalt Sealcoating Overland Park, KS: Sealcoating is a maintenance procedure that can add years to the life of your pavement as well as enhance its visual appeal. Sealcoating blocks the UV rays that turn asphalt pavement from dark black to dingy gray; UV rays also make the pavement dry and easily damaged. Sealcoating also resists damage caused by oil and gas spills, slows water penetration and helps protect against damage caused by the freeze/thaw cycle.
• Asphalt Repair and Infrared Asphalt Restoration Overland Park, KS: Potholes, alligator cracking, low spots, areas severely compromised by oil spills and many other types of damage have traditionally been repaired by sawing out the damaged pavement and installing a patch. However, infrared repairs are a cost-effective way to achieve a seamless, firmly bonded repair that is far more attractive.
• Asphalt Paving Overland Park, KS: Whether used to build a new parking lot or to replace an existing driveway, asphalt pavement is fast and economical to install. If properly installed and maintained, asphalt pavement can provide decades of aesthetically pleasing service. Asphalt overlays, which are installed over existing pavement, can be an economical way to achieve virtually the same results as new pavement. Overlays are typically suitable for pavements with a stable foundation but extensive surface damage. They can be applied over existing concrete pavement as well as asphalt pavement.
• Parking Lot Striping Overland Park, KS: A freshly striped parking lot improves the curb appeal of any business, but it also enhances safety by reducing the confusion that pedestrians and drivers can encounter without visual guidance. Furthermore, various regulations require parking lots to comply with specific provisions that cover pavement markings, accessible parking stalls and a host of other components.
• Concrete Overland Park, KS: Concrete remains a popular choice for sidewalks, walkways, curbs, dumpster pads, ADA-compliant ramps and similar projects. Concrete must be installed correctly to reach its maximum life. It will also need periodic maintenance to address issues caused by ground heave, tree roots or heavy traffic.
All Pro Asphalt is an asphalt and sealcoating contractor that serves Overland Park, KS. We install, maintain and repair asphalt and concrete pavements for homeowners as well as manufacturing facilities, office parks, restaurants, schools, churches, retailers, HOAs, apartment complexes and many other types of commercial customers. We deliver outstanding workmanship at budget-friendly prices. To obtain a free quote, simply complete our online request form or call us at (816) 249-6800.