For property managers, pavement asset management can be a challenge, especially when it comes to pavement maintenance budgeting. How much do you need to spend on maintaining your parking lot? When it it time to get maintenance? What kind of things does asphalt maintenance include, anyway?
The answer is to get a relationship with the most reputable local asphalt paving company in your area. In Leavenworth KS, All Pro Asphalt & Maintenance is the trusted pavement maintenance company, and we’re eager to help local property managers keep their parking lots and walkways safe and beautiful.
Asphalt Maintenance Tips for Budgeting
First, understand your goals.
It’s important to understand what you’re looking to get out of your pavement maintenance services, as situations call for different approaches, such as:
- Decide whether you want to improve your property with new paved areas or just keep up your current pavement.
- If you’re starting with aging pavement, you may need repairs like crack filling and asphalt resurfacing first.
- Newer pavement needs maintenance that focuses on preserving and protecting asphalt.
- All kinds of maintenance involve extending the life of your pavement.
Pavement inspections are key.
In order to keep up with the needs of your pavement, it’s important to look closely at it, performing your own visual inspections at least once a year. You should also get a professional opinion by scheduling regular pavement inspections from your local paving contractor, as they can spot potential problems before they develop.
Understand the cost factors of asphalt maintenance.
There are many things that can affect the cost of asphalt services, such as:
- The size (square footage) of your pavement
- The type of use your pavement is being put to
- The weight of the vehicles using the pavement
- The last time your pavement had repairs or sealcoating done
- Any existing issues such as potholes or cracking
Know that asphalt maintenance is an investment.
The initial sticker shock for pavement work can be a little scary, but it’s important to remember that, just like with a vehicle, getting things fixed earlier means you spend less money. Temporary fixes can just cover up a problem, which will grow and become worse over time, leading to expensive full depth asphalt replacement.
All Pro Asphalt & Maintenance, Leavenworth KS Pavement Maintenance Experts
The best way to keep your pavement asset management costs down is with regular maintenance, and the best way to do that is with the help of the best asphalt paving company in your local area.
When it’s time for sealcoating, sweeping, or any other type of maintenance, contact All Pro Asphalt & Maintenance!